I want to whisk you away with me, on brief adventures—both near and far.
And what is so incredible, is that with this web site, I am able to do just that. Through the written word I can shape the story, with photos paint the picture, and with video I can bring you along with me! This web site is my anchor for content, and social media such as Facebook and Pintrest make it magical and all so instantaneous. How fantastic is that?
I enjoy sharing information about my experiences and what I do—-so in essence this site features:
- Travel, Resorts, Spas & Getaways– Explore resorts, inns and cruises and destinations from around the globe–and local “backyard” getaways too! From historical haunts to “sneak away” local hide-outs. You may even get some ideas for your next outing! Under International travel you will find an article on “How To Do Machu Picchu Without Killing Yourself”! I have had numerous people use those insights to make their trip much more enjoyable. Bucket List item. Check!
- Restaurants, Dining & Cooking– I’m a sleuth for the newest restaurants—that’s just sport for me. I write about restaurants—from the “newly opened” to my “charming classics”. I seek out creative menus, jaw-dropping spaces, and interviews with inventive chefs. I also hunt down trends in cooking—from: farm-to-table, sustainable, to cooking schools in Napa, France & Italy, fresh ingredients, spices & olive oils and of course cooking tips gathered along the way. It’s a menagerie of cooking fun.
- Spas, Lifestyle and Day Trippin’– From Spa Reviews, to garden tours, and local spots for a one day adventure. This is sheer spontaneous fun while out-and-about. I uncover secret spots that are worth the jaunt, and ways to easily get all the facts you need to go enjoy these finds.
- Wines & Wineries– From wine & cave tours, to the romantic setting of the vineyards and wineries themselves. Each one has their own personality. Even the process of winemaking and selection of vines—is all so interesting. I love to share my passion for wine. I am not an expert, but know what I like. I enjoy meeting winemakers too. I have traveled the globe tasting vino along the way—from Woodenville, Washington, to Burgundy, France, and even Beijing, China. However, I tend to focus on: Paso Robles, the Edna Valley, Napa, Sonoma and Alexander Valley. The fun is truly in the exploration!
- Tech-Na-Travel– Apps, travel tips and websites are making it a very fun time to share information—in an interactive way. I identify sites, new Apps and programs that make dining, travel and planning easier. You know… the Apps you just can’t live without!
TastesAndTravel.com is my web site and yes, it is my passion. I enjoy sharing information about my travels and culinary adventures with my readers. I also love doing the research, the logistics and setting up interviews that all precede a visit. It takes a great deal of time and effort to take a writing project from inception, to research, to arrangements, to the events, writing about it, sorting the photos, posting the article and then promoting it on social media. But I love it—every step of the way. And I do hope my readers appreciate those efforts as they are heartfelt on my end.
I am not a critic, period. I write about food, travel, chefs and my experiences around the globe. I like to stay positive. When I am out and about, if there is something that I do not like, I choose to not write about it. I will focus on the positives. And if something really goes sideways, or I have a very strong opinion about something, I will reach out to the General Manager or Owner and share it with them off-line. I want them to know. And those of you who know me, know for a fact that I am not shy. These people work so hard, and I would do that more out of desire to help them. Not to hurt them.
Some people have a perception that writers get everything for free and it is all just one big party. In reality, I pay for MOST of my trips, meals, tours and experiences. Once in a while I am extended an invitation for a media trip or a restaurant tasting. But please know that when I do that I have a long list of things to do after that experience—-from social media posts to writing about the experience. If I do participate in such a visit, I note that at the end of the first paragraph of each article involved. I want to provide full-disclosure. However, having said that, all of my writings are my thoughts, opinions and orbit around the essence of how I formulate and articulate an experience.
I do a lot of research and enjoy giving tips for trips and saving travelers time, or sharing a “must see” hidden spot. However things do change. Tour Operators change, train schedules shift and so forth. Everyone needs to do a little homework as well. I accept no responsibility whatsoever or any loss, injury, expense or inconvenience from the information I provide.
I love to travel, dine, take photographs, experience life and write about all of it. And I enjoy sharing it all with my readers. Be Adventurous. Explore with Passion. It is so worth it!
Disclaimer- (Updated May 20, 2020)